Saturday, January 09, 2010

Appearance

Have you been told before that you need to buy more fashionable clothes? Or that you need to lose weight, but only above the waist? Or that your facial skin is dry and you should put honey on your skin once a week? Or that you have internal heat because you have some acne? Well I sure have, luckily not all in the same day.

As much as I love living here, there are some things that I never get used to, such as comments about appearance. I never get used to these comments, and I don’t really know how to deal with them. Maybe, I can pretend that I don’t hear those comments and not respond at all. Or, I could say that I like that aspect of myself..the dry skin, the lack of “fashion” sense etc. Or perhaps in my head, I can recite this little saying from childhood: “I am the rubber and you are the glue, everything that you say bounces off me and sticks to you.” Ha, take that!

No comments: