Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back Home (China Home)

I’m back in Changsha now. The last leg of the trip will happen in 2 days. I’m always reluctant to come back to the dead of Winter in China after enjoying the sunny Thailand weather. I love being in Thailand, having wonderful chats and experiences with dear friends and tasting a hodge podge of flavors and cuisines.

After Thailand this year, my friend and I also traveled to Yunnan, the Pacific Northwest of China. The weather there is supposedly like Spring all year round. The people are friendly, and my friend and I got to go hiking and be completely surrounded by nature for 3 days. In a word, spectacular. In another word, therapeutic.

I’ve just talked with 2 good friends and laughed with my parents on skype. I realize that this type of life comes with blessings and difficulties. It’s easy to focus on the latter, especially the pain and inconvenience of changes. . . changes in team, in students, in friendships, in relationships.

Now I sit and peacefully drink in the stillness of the night. I have a warm place to stay, hot chocolate in my belly, the flavor still in my mouth. The wall heater is blowing on me…I’m in 2 layers of pants, 3 on top, one warm scarf. I think I’m going to be okay. Worry is a chapter in the book I finished last week.

No comments: