Sunday, February 05, 2012

An Endearing Email

Last Thursday, I received this email from a good friend and former student of mine in China; I was touched. I also find it so interesting and admirable how students will memorize full chunks of English sayings and use them (mostly) correctly.

Dear p, how are you these days?
Today is the first day of China's lunar year. Happy new year. I remembered that last year you sent me the scarf as my birthday gift,and I missed the cookies. You are 30 now,right? There is a saying ,"30 is turning in people's life, because people will get more mature physically and mentally ."Is that true?

I wish I could find a job in the new year,and hope the job is related to English.I f it is not,it's also ok.what's your plan in 2012? 2012 is a new beginning,not the end of the world.
Life is short ,we will meet many people.Some people are just passers-by ,some are the return.I think u r the latter to me although you are on the other side of the earth.
I have taken some art portaits. Here is the one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so precious!

Mom

Unknown said...

IS it true? Beautiful art portrait.