Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Good Word

I've been single now for, ...well, 29 years. Sometimes, I feel like Jacob in my thoughts as I wrestle with God trying to understand what possible good could come out of my singleness.

But last month, I listened to a challenging message about being single (and being married for that matter) by Timothy Keller. This message not only challenged my thoughts but also encouraged my heart and made me feel that I am okay and have value as a single person even if social pressure and my own insecurities might tell me otherwise.

If you have a chance, no matter whether you are single, dating, or married, this message is worth checking out:
Sexuality and the Christian Hope

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thanks Portia!!! I as well have been struggling. I will listen to it soon.