Sunday, August 22, 2010

Running Reflections

Today was a memorable day for me. I completed my first ever half marathon, that’s 13.1 miles of discomfort. According to an article in Runner’s World, when people finish a long distance run, they have moments of great revelations; I just felt nauseous and lethargic. However, I do have a few reflections from the day:

1. The body is an amazing machine; the mind is a foe to be reckoned with.
2. Dogs are scarier and bigger in America than they are in China.
3. Saying good-bye to family never gets easier.

Thanks for a great week-end family! I love you and miss you already!

5 comments:

Joy said...

I was so glad to be there to cheer you on. What a great accomplishment!

diane said...

Remember...Sometimes it's the journey, not the destination and you are having a wonderful journey.
diane

Unknown said...

Think of the multitudes that could not run even one mile. Good for you.

Emily Hofer said...

Congrats, Portia! Sorry we never made the famous Freeman to Menno run/ride when you were home. Keep in touch, take care, and God Bless!

Mom said...

We think you did a marvelous job. So glad we could be there to "cheer you on." Now we are thinking of you in another place hoping your travels go smoothly.