Saturday, April 10, 2010

To summarize a week

Last week, was a gloomy one. The sun came out for the first time on Thursday afternoon, but other than that, our world was a dark and damp one. The weather also reflected how I was feeling. On Monday, after getting back from a great week-end in Changsha, I was hit. Hit with the flu bug. Luckily, Monday was a holiday for the students to honor Tomb Sweeping Day. But Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I left the house pretty much only to teach class. It was the longest three days of my life. Thankfully, I have amazing team-mates who kept me supplied with soda crackers, sports drink, and noodles.

By Friday, the sun was out and I was ready to get out of the house. I had a lovely day having office time outside on the grass with students. I also learned some interesting tidbits about safety and health. Here are a few of them:
Hengyang has the highest percentage of people with AIDS in HUNAN.
Behind our school, in a slightly more remote place, (where a team-mate and I like to go walking) is the place where drug dealers live and roam. We should never go back there because the drug dealers might be desperate for money and rob us.
When you get sick, it's best to drink ginger tea and porridge. You should avoid some nutritious food because your body can't absorb all the nutrition.

No comments: