Thursday, January 01, 2009

Recent Ponderings

I have recently been ruminating over the following questions:

1. If you give someone advice after they ask for it, and they never say thank you, and you never hear from them again, ...what does that mean?

2. If you are a guest at someone's house, is it better to eat all your food and feel slightly sick or to kindly explain to the host that you simply can't eat anymore?

3. If you ask your Chinese teacher a question and she doesn't understand your question because your Chinese grammar is not correct, what should you do?

I'd love to hear your thoughts faithful readers and random blog surfers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are interesting questions. I especially ponder the first question. That has happened to me. When someone asks my advice, should I ask, "What exactly are you expecting from me ... advice, opinion, or a listening, sympathetic ear?"

On the second question, I would have to say that I would have to give my explanation that I am full. Perhaps that is not accepted in every culture though.
Ruth