Monday, August 04, 2008

3 weeks left

Well, it's official. I have about 3 weeks and 3 days left in the Midwest. It's going to be hard to say good-bye to this place. I love how relaxed I feel...where the major decision each day is, "Who should I visit today?" and where for the most part, I can understand what people are saying. Or the other major decision is when should we take our daily bike-ride..before or after dinner. Yes, life is moving a little slow, but it's okay with me. I know that in less than 4 weeks, my senses will heighten, and I will need every bit of relaxation to help prepare me for studying Chinese with Chinese instructors who are only going to be speaking Chinese.

Until then, I exhale, write emails, and call friends. It will all come soon enough.

This week-end, I will be in my dear friends' wedding in Vermillion. I'm so excited for Emily and Tim, but I'm a little worried about my responsibilities...stand at the front of the church, hold flowers, smile, make a toast, and walk around looking eligible; I've got a lot of preparation to do.

No comments: