Saturday, July 26, 2008

Life in the Midwest...where life moves a little slower, and I find more time to eat cookies.

This past 3 weeks, I have been traveling and visiting friends and families. At the beginning of the summer, I had a lofty goal of running a half marathon, but driving 2 to 4 hours a day and consuming extra cookies have slightly inhibited these plans. But I still try to get exercise when I can and enjoy being in such rural areas. Visiting with friends and family has truly been like taking a warm bath…so comfortable and familiar you don’t want to leave, but you know the water’s slowly getting cold and you have to get out sooner or later. Last night, mom and I were going to stay in a camp with my Aunt and Uncle from Grand Island. But wouldn’t you know that our room smelled like boys’ dormitory. Now, I may be adventurous on some fronts, but there are some things I can’t do…and boys’ dormitory smell is one of them. So, mom and I started for home at 10’ o clock last night, coffee cup and soda close on hand. Toward the end of the journey, our conversation digressed substantially to the point that we were trying to keep ourselves awake by thinking of a man’s first name from our church.

No comments: