Sunday, March 09, 2008

No pooping here

This morning I was out jogging around the track. So, run, run, run. . . I like to run and get lost in the music playing from my magical little ipod. This morning, however, it was not quite as mindless as there was a soccer practice for young boys going on right in the middle of one section of the track. It’s no big deal, so I just run around them and continue on. . . run, run, run. There are also two young children (maybe 2 years old and 3 years old) playing on the opposite side of the track. I am sure their parents or grandparents are nearby, but it’s unclear who they are or where they are. The little kids take turns running around the track (or one third of the way around the track.) It’s pretty charming. So, run, run, run, run. All the sudden, I notice that the soccer team is all pointing and yelling toward the middle of the field. I am not sure what they are saying, but when I look to the middle of the field, I can guess. . .one of the little children is squatting in the middle of the field and pooping. Although young kids can relieve themselves in most public places in China, I guess the soccer field / track is not one of them. So, the soccer team was yelling at this little child to quit pooping. What a moment. . . life is never dull. Run, run, run.

3 comments:

stacey said...

I love this story!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Portia, Shirley and I enjoy reading your blog. And we want to assure you of our support for your decision to stay on to study the languange. Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Portia,

Just a few days ago we got your letter, so i thought i would check out your blog. i have never really looked at a blog before..yeah! im a little behind.

it is very encouraging hearing about all that you have done and are doing!!! there aren't many who chose to do what you are doing.

we are wondering if there is anything that you are in need of (material thing etc...)?? let me know.

thinking of you.

crystal h

crystaljdahlgren@hotmail.com