Saturday, April 04, 2015

Easter Meditations. . .

It's the eve before Easter. I am sitting alone at the table, music blaring, listening to truth, food for my soul. Thinking about life and therefore also thinking about death.
Death, the permanent silence. Few things in life are so permanent, so inevitable and incomprehensible.

Thinking about Jesus' death on our behalf. What was he feeling? Was he struggling with the same fear that I do whenever I think about dying? Did he doubt God's goodness in that moment, hanging on the cross, dehydrated, blood spilling out? Part of me wants to scream out at that moment and warn Him, "I'm not worth this. My selfish ways, my pride, my stinginess. Don't waste this on me."

But he whispers to me and tells me that it was IS not in vain, that he does this for me, for all of us, that we may know His love, His truth, His sacrifice and live truly, fully, completely in Him.

"'I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.'" John 1:10



No comments: