Saturday, December 28, 2013

On Trying New Things

Today I am going somewhere I've never been before and talking to people I've never met before.
I don't know what to expect. I'm nervous and excited and scared.

One year, my New Year's Resolution was to try something new once a week. It was a challenge. But I found small ways to add it into my weekly life choices--going to a new restaurant, trying a new sport, eating a new food, buying something new, etc. Although I doubt I kept the resolution for an entire year, it did help make life a bit more exciting.

There's a saying, "If you keep doing what you're doing, you're going to keep getting what you've been getting." I guess I'm ready for some new results. I feel out of sync with myself and what I could be. I'm ready to have a career job--something that I wanted to do when I kept going to school for 7 years. I'm ready to push myself mentally. Working with kindergarteners has stagnated my thinking.

It's time. Time to do some new things and get some new results. Time to take some risks. Time to stop being afraid of failure.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Good for you! I like that not only do you have a desire to do something new, but you are now doing something new! Excited to see and read about what new adventures you will go on in this new year :)