Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A song

Sometimes Jon Foreman just says it best. These lyrics are from his song, “A mirror is harder to hold”

“I could try and point the finger
But the glass points in my direction
Sure you've got your sharp edges
But my wounds are for my own reflection
You've got nothing I could ever hold against you
I've got fatal flaws to call my own
Please don't go
Please don't leave me alone
A mirror is so much harder to hold”

or listen to the song here:

(Thanks so much to Amy and Joy for helping me figure out how to embed videos.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

A quote by neuroscientist V.S. Ramachandran in Oprah Magazine (February 2011, p. 122): "There's also self-awareness (note: he is commenting on things that make humans unique)--our mysterious ability to 'see' ourselves through the eyes of others." In answer to the question, "What lets us do that?", he states, "Mirror neurons, we think. That reflex when a baby smiles back at its mother....Now take that deeper. When you realize your smile can make someone else smile you're using self-awareness."
He also calls these "Gandhi neurons" because they help create empathy.