Saturday, August 11, 2007

Acrobats

Yesterday evening, our group attneded the Chinese acrobats. It was amazing--unlike anything I've ever seen. All the performers were clearly gymnasts, ballerinas, and dare-devils all wrapped into one great show. I had a huge smile of fascination on my face the entire time.


Other than that, our time in Beijing has been mostly spent in class. We have class from 8 until 11:30 and then from 1 until 4:30. Needless to say, at the end of the day, I am tired of sitting. But, it's nice to have some breaks during our classes. Also, all the information we are learning is to better prepare us for teaching in China.

I am starting to really enjoy the adventure of finding unique street food, and creative drinks here in China. They have some really excellent bubble tea that has tapioca balls in it. Also, on the street, you can pick up jiazo (dumplings) or fried vegetable pockets (to name a few.) Part of the adventure of street food is that it allows me an opportunity to try and communicate in Chinese. I am quite brave in speaking what little Chinese I know here. The people are greatful for any attempt you can make at communicating, and I find this factor motivates me greatly. But, I have lots to learn.

No comments: